Monday, December 8, 2014

The truck is packed!

Saturday, despite some yummy rain and weather, we got our moving truck fully packed! Thanks to my Dad and Mr. Matt's planning, we were able to fit my entire home and basement into just 9 feet of truck! The number may not seem exciting to you, but every foot we didn't use of our quoted 13' was an extra $100 they took off. So with great help and good planning, we saved $400 Saturday.

We didn't have a ton of people come, but the people who did?

They were such a HUGE blessings. My friend Amelia came early and did whatever was needed. Sometimes that was packing, sometimes that was lugging things to the truck, sometimes it was watching the kids, and sometimes it was doing my bidding. She was just such a blessing, and we were so thrilled to have her.

Our friends Steve and Chelcee came a little later since they had another person to help move (I guess rainy Saturdays are a popular day :) )- but once they got there they were on the ball and happy to help with whatever that meant- unfortunately for them, it meant doing all my cleaning!

Then the last person was a friend of ours Sean. He may not know it, but he has just been such a picture of the true church for my husband and I. He brings us such excitement thinking about moving down to OUR church down in MO by watching his desire for more of Christ and his willingness to help brothers and sisters in Christ he barely knows.  We have only met him three times- but it doesn't matter. There is such a bond in Christ that far surpasses years of friendship. He volunteered himself and drove an hour and a half to help us pack. And by the time he made it we were almost done...so we put him to work doing what every young 20's guy wants to do...clean! We stole his truck and brought donation things down to the Salvation Army, and then he came back and scrubbed the grossest of my house. Under the trash barrel, the kitchen walls and baseboards, etc. He took my commanding without a grumble or complaint, and really was just a joy. So Sean, if you read this- I want you to know  how much you mean  to Chris and I- keep in touch, ok??

We are now at my In-laws for a week who are graciously hosting us until our moving truck makes it to our new home.

We sign papers Tuesday afternoon!! This chapter in our lives is very quickly coming to an end, and although we are going to miss everyone dreadfully, I have to admit that we are just bursting with excitement to get down to a church that already feels more like home than I have ever felt.

3 comments:

  1. So happy to help! Love you and I'll miss you!!!! Your friendship has been such a blessing! I hope to visit someday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so amazed at how fast this has happened. I will live this out vicariously thru you:-)

    ReplyDelete